Zucchini, Tomato, Bacon, & Egg Slice
Prep 20 mins | Cook 50 mins | Serves 6-8
This slice is great served hot, and just as good served cold in the school lunch box.
- 1⁄2 cup rice bran oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 175g rindless short cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 350g (about 2) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 5 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Green salad, to serve
Preheat oven 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a greased slice pan (about 16cm wide x 26cm long) with baking paper.
Heat 2 tbs oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add zucchini, cheese, flour, eggs and remaining oil to bacon mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top. Arrange tomatoes over mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden and firm to touch. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a board, slice and serve with a green salad.