Tuna and Potato Salad
Prep 15 mins | Cook 20 mins | Serves 4
- 10 new chat (baby) potatoes (even sized)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 3 green onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained and roughly flaked
CAPER & PARSLEY DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs baby capers
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Place potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes until almost tender. Add asparagus and cook for 2–3 minutes until potatoes and asparagus are just tender. Drain and refresh in cold water. Thickly slice potatoes. Pat dry. Place potatoes and asparagus into a large bowl. Add tomatoes, green onions and tuna. Gently toss to combine. Arrange on serving plates.
To make dressing, heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add capers and cook for 1 minute. Add lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Drizzle salad with warm dressing and serve.