Tomato, Fennel & Chicken One-pan Dinner
Prep 25 mins | Cook 35 mins | Serves 4
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g free-range chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, halved and thinly sliced
- 300g eggplant, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, trimmed, halved, deseeded and cut into strips
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- Couscous or rice, to serve
Heat oil in a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, tossing often, to seal. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add chorizo and fennel and cook for 3-4 minutes until chorizo is golden. Add eggplant and capsicum and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until vegetables soften.
Stir in crushed tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil. Add chicken and cherry tomatoes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss through basil leaves. Serve with couscous or rice.