Stewed Winter Fruits with Honey
Prep 20 mins | Cook 35 mins | Serves 8
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 Beurre Bosc pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs honey
Place apples, pears, rhubarb, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and honey in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to break up fruit.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until fruit is tender. Remove from heat, uncover and set aside to cool slightly. Serve warm or cold.
- Serve with hot porridge and a drizzle of honey for breakfast.
- Serve over toasted waffles with ice-cream for dessert.
- Serve layered with reduced fat custard in serving glasses for dessert.