Pear, Grape & Chicken Chopped Salad
Prep 30 mins + cooling time | Cook 5 mins | Serves 4
- 1 lemon, sliced + 1 tbs lemon juice
- 500g free-range small chicken breast fillets, halved length ways
- 2 firm Williams pears
- 200g seedless green grapes, stems removed
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 Little Gem or Baby Cos lettuce, trimmed and chopped
Lemon mayo dressing:
- ⅓ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs lemon juice
Place the sliced lemon into a deep frying pan of water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add chicken, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and leave chicken in pan for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and refrigerate until cooled.
Halve pears length ways, remove core and chop. Place into a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice. Chop chicken. Add chicken, grapes, celery, green onions, walnuts and lettuce to pears.
To make the dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste. Drizzle dressing over salad, gently toss to combine and serve.