Garlic and Chilli Chicken with Spinach Salad
Prep 20 mins + marinating time | Cook 10 mins | Serves 4
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and juiced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oregano leaves, chopped
- 750g chicken breast fillets, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- Lemon wedges & extra oregano leaves, to serve
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 75g piece pecorino or parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
Combine lemon rind and juice, oil, garlic, chilli, oregano and salt and pepper to taste in a medium ceramic shallow dish. Place chicken in garlic marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To make spinach salad, place spinach, pine nuts and cheese in a bowl. To make salad dressing, combine oil and vinegar in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat a greased barbecue grill or char-grill over medium heat. Cook chicken for 4-6 minutes (depending on thickness) on each side until just cooked through. Arrange chicken on a serving platter. Shake salad dressing until well combined. Drizzle over spinach salad, toss to combine and serve with chicken.