Creamy Mushroom Sauce with BBQ Steaks
Prep 10 mins | Cook 15 mins | Serves 2
- 2 thick beef sirloin steaks
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Potato fries, rocket leaves and halved cherry tomatoes, to serve
CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g gourmet mixed mushrooms sliced*
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
* often sold pre-packed. Use a mixture of shiitake, swiss brown, enoki, king and oyster mushrooms
Preheat a greased barbecue or char-grill over medium-high heat.
Spray steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Barbecue or char-grill steaks for 4–5 minutes on each side (for medium-rare depending on thickness) or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in cream and thyme. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes until slightly reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve steaks with mushroom sauce, potato fries, rocket and tomatoes.