Chilli, Lime & Peanut Salad with BBQ Prawns
Prep 25 mins | Cook 5 mins | Serves 4
You’ll need 12 bamboo skewers for this recipe.
- 12 large green king prawns
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and shredded
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup small mint leaves
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea tendrils* or snow pea sprouts (optional)
- Grilled lime halves, to serve
- 100ml lime juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbs caster sugar
* snow pea tendrils are delicate leafy leaves from the snow pea plant available from some greengrocers.
Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 10 minutes. Thread prawns lengthways onto skewers. Spray with oil.
Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
Arrange cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, green onions, coriander, mint, chillies, peanuts and snow pea tendrils on a serving platter.
Preheat a char-grill or barbecue plate on medium-high. Char-grill or barbecue prawns, turning once, for 4-5 minutes until just cooked through. Drizzle salad with dressing. Serve with prawns and grilled lime and/or finger limes.