BBQ Mushroom Haloumi & Tomato Burgers
Prep 20 mins | Cook 15 mins | Serves 4
- 4 large Portobella flat mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 yellow capsicum, trimmed, deseeded and cut into 8 pieces length ways
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 250g haloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 ripe oxheart, heirloom or vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- lemon wedges and dukkah*, to serve
Yoghurt & tahini dressing:
- ⅓ cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 tbs tahini**
- 1 tbs lemon juice
* Dukkah is a dry mixture of sesame seeds, hazelnuts, coriander and cumin flavoured with herbs. It’s available at some greengrocers and supermarkets.
**Tahini is a creamy sesame seed paste available from supermarkets.
To make dressing, place all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Liberally spray mushrooms and capsicum with oil. Barbecue mushrooms and, capsicum, in batches, for 3-4 minutes on each side until tender. Transfer to a baking tray. Keep warm. Spray haloumi with oil, barbecue for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
To serve, top each mushroom with haloumi, capsicum and tomatoes. Serve with spinach leaves, yoghurt & tahini dressing and dukkah, if using.