Asparagus Tomato and Chilli Pasta
Prep 25 mins | Cook 15 mins | Serves 4
- 350g dried orecchiette* or penne pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 (to your taste) small red bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250g tomato medley**, halved lengthways
- 40g rocket leaves, trimmed
- 75g feta, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
*Orecchette is small pasta shaped like a little ear.
**Tomato medley is a colourful mix of mini roma, cherry, tear drop and kumatoes sold in punnets.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic and chillies and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until asparagus is almost tender. Toss through tomatoes.
Drain pasta. Add pasta to asparagus mixture and toss over low heat. Gently toss through rocket, sprinkle with feta and season with pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to serve.