That’s it folks – Your Local Greengrocer’s Million Dollar Mango competition is now done and dusted. The competition was an overwhelming success, receiving over 13,000 entries from shoppers in our network of 54 member greengrocers across NSW.
We’d like to thank everyone who entered this fantastic promotion. We run these promotions every spring, because it is a great way for us to thank our loyal customers and provide an incentive to those who buy their fresh produce elsewhere to give their local greengrocer a go!
Through your help our Aussie farmers and family-run greengrocers can continue to deliver the freshest quality produce Australia has enjoyed for years!
And now – over to the winners. We randomly selected ten shoppers from ten different greengrocers across NSW to come along to the annual Cherry Auction at Sydney Markets yesterday morning. Arriving at the bustling site during the early hours of the morning, each finalist was invited up on stage to press a big red button and reveal which of the 10 amazing prizes they’d won, including our major prize: a hand crafted, 18 carat gold diamond mango pendant valued at $10,000.
Dennis John Grant from Freshcorp Fruit Market was that lucky person, who couldn’t stop jumping for joy when he found out he’d won the exquisite, one-of-a-kind piece AND a chance at $1 million.
With great anticipation, Dennis approached the display of 500 mangoes to select his number. His pick: 327. Unfortunately, the winning number locked away in our safe revealed 461 so no $1 million this time. But Dennis certainly didn’t come away empty-handed – his lovely wife was absolutely thrilled with the stunning necklace which was given as his very special gift for her!
Below is the full list of winners, the local greengrocer they entered from and the prizes they came away with!
- Jessica Jenkins from Fruitezy Miranda and Sasha Afiouni from Natures Best Belfield each won a return Sydney Seaplanes flight for themselves and one guest to enjoy breath-taking views and lunch at Jonah’s restaurant on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, including limousine transfers.
- Madeleine Campbell from Parisi’s Food Hall Rose Bay won a weekend snow getaway for four people in Thredbo, including four Full Day Lift Passes at Thredbo Ski Resort.
- George Phani from Country Growers Warringah Mall won a day’s fishing trip for two with the legend himself: Andrew “ET” Ettingshausen.
- Jane Graves from Best Fresh Sutherland won a $1,000 Gift Voucher to spend at any Your Local Greengrocer member store.
- Arunkumar Kurup from Country Growers Parramatta won BridgeClimb Day Passes for two people at Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Ray Kan from Freshworld Fruit Market Castle Hill won a cooking demonstration for six guests, personally prepared in winner’s very own home by celebrity chef Danny Russo.
- Rose Rowlson from Delish Deliveries won a brand new Smeg 50s Retro Stand Mixer.
- Kathryn Lane from Fruit For All Berkeley Vale won free fruit and vegetables delivered every week for a year!